I made some hummus, and it turned out pretty good. I thought I would share the recipe that I loosely followed. (For a little more info on my style of cooking, please read my iCook page.)
**This is a double of this recipe. For less hummus, half everything.
1. 2 cans of chickpeas / garbanzo beans (they’re the same thing). I like to use Trader Joe’s brand, or Simply Organic brand, but any brand will do.
2. 2/3 cup of tahini (I could not find regular, plain tahini, so I got this tahini sauce from Trader Joe’s. Most stores do carry plain tahini in either the nut butter section, or the Jewish foods section.)
3. 4 tablespoons olive oil (I subbed in coconut oil, instead).
4. A handful of baby spinach (I love sneaking spinach in to recipes because it is so nutritious.)
5. 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (I never measure my lemon juice, I just add a lot of it because I like the taste, and it is also super nutritious.)
6. 2 cloves of minced garlic (I cheated and used already minced garlic from Costco. I don’t really measure my garlic either.)
7. Chopped parsley
8. Blend / Food Process (I use a Ninja Blender)
9. Add salt & pepper
10. Refrigerate / Store / Serve!
If you make this hummus, tag me and let me know what you think!