Todays DIY is all about manifestation of the things you want in your life, co-creating, inspiring yourself and cutting cool things out of magazines. With the new year upon us, most of us start to mull over potential New Year Resolutions. Creating a vision board is a great way to keep yourself motivated throughout the year, reminding you of your goals, ideals and aspirations. This is true especially if you keep your vision board somewhere you will see it everyday, (think bedroom, closet or bathroom).
If you know anything about or believe in the law of attraction, then you know visualizing is a powerful tool. If that’s a little too out there for you, (or as my friend calls it, too ‘woo woo’), then it can be just for fun. It should be a fun project either way. There are no rules or limits to what you can include on your vision board.
Here are some ideas of things to look for when you’re flipping through your magazines:
- uplifting words
- inspiring photos
- objects you hope to attain; homes, cars, clothing, etc
- people that inspire you
- anything that catches your eye, or makes you smile
- Memorable quotes
- Canvas / cardboard / poster-board (I used a 8×11 canvas)
- Magazines that you are ok with destroying
- Any other craft supplies you want to include (I used gold, sequin craft paper to fill in spaces).
- Matthew McConaughey, (just kidding–sort of).
This is just one example of a vision board. I will probably make another bigger one for 2015, or a more picture-heavy board. Again, there are no rules. This is meant to be an uplifting experience. This also does not have to be a masterpiece work of art, (obviously). If you create a vision board, I would love to see it, so please tag me!